Regardless of what calendar system you follow, the end of the year is upon us and the feeling of a hopeful new year is strong. Harness that positivity…choose to be better, do better, love better. <3
Spread holiday cheer this year – volunteer, donate, connect
Yuletide is a time of year for appreciation, generosity, kindness, magic, love, and all those other warm feeling moods. There are many ways to take part and I hope that you do. Regardless of your religious or political beliefs, this is a time of year in our American culture to embrace the diversity that makes America so special. Be kind to each other. Tolerate those that are different than yourself. Display affection and generosity, in whatever ways you are able to. Spread and share in the holiday spirit.
Below are some links to local ( Seattle area ) organizations and communities that reach out and help spread hope, kindness & cheer during the holiday season. The holidays are a great reminder that we are all part of this shared world, we all have joys and sorrows, success and failure stories….we all share some type of common ground.
week 34 of pandemic/covid/quarantine life, this is Halloween…
How to help ensure that everyone who wants to vote in the 2020 elections are able to
1) Help inform people on the importance of voting and how to registrar to vote
- Why Should You Vote? In the simplest terms, Because if you don’t vote, You won’t have a say in how our country is run
No Vote, No Voice
2) Get involved with a campaign
- If there’s a candidate or campaign that you feel very strongly about, get in touch with the local campaign office to see how you can help out by making calls, going door to door, distributing signs, and posting on social media
3) Provide transportation & safety in order to shuttle people to and from the polls and ballot drop off bins
- One reason some people don’t vote is a lack of reliable transportation to get to a polling location, also some are fearful or intimidated by going to a polling place alone for the 1st time.
4) Volunteer to be a poll worker on election day
- Be an active part of the election process on election day, ensuring a safe environment for all who want to vote and are able to