roughdrafts of some inspired art for pride this month…lately I have been very appreciative of the female form, be it mine, hers, or theirs.
Time goes by so quickly and the last 14 months in particular time has accelerated, I find myself in my 40’s now, the most domesticated I have ever been, living in an era where people care enough to ask your pronouns..it feels like the future. I was thinking about that today as I dressed for yardwork…i’m very switch being both femme and butch at different times and it made me smile that today those traits are acknowledged and accepted as valid. Not that you need others to validate yourself, but it feel nice to know that teenagers today feel more free & safe than I did in the 90’s to express themselves and not get caught up in strict narrow paradigms
Here is a moment captured in time, happy & playful… one where doing housework doesn’t feel like a chore and the evening ahead has laughter to look forward to…the silver linings.
NOTE- while this video is not graphic you will see cleavage and if you know me IRL that could make you uncomfortable depending on how mature you are :), proceed with the warning
While my partner was making us a valentines day brunch, I rolled a joint and went outside to consume said joint and this is what I witnessed…
Regardless of what calendar system you follow, the end of the year is upon us and the feeling of a hopeful new year is strong. Harness that positivity…choose to be better, do better, love better. <3
Spread holiday cheer this year – volunteer, donate, connect
Yuletide is a time of year for appreciation, generosity, kindness, magic, love, and all those other warm feeling moods. There are many ways to take part and I hope that you do. Regardless of your religious or political beliefs, this is a time of year in our American culture to embrace the diversity that makes America so special. Be kind to each other. Tolerate those that are different than yourself. Display affection and generosity, in whatever ways you are able to. Spread and share in the holiday spirit.
Below are some links to local ( Seattle area ) organizations and communities that reach out and help spread hope, kindness & cheer during the holiday season. The holidays are a great reminder that we are all part of this shared world, we all have joys and sorrows, success and failure stories….we all share some type of common ground.
week 34 of pandemic/covid/quarantine life, this is Halloween…
How to help ensure that everyone who wants to vote in the 2020 elections are able to
1) Help inform people on the importance of voting and how to registrar to vote
- Why Should You Vote? In the simplest terms, Because if you don’t vote, You won’t have a say in how our country is run
No Vote, No Voice
2) Get involved with a campaign
- If there’s a candidate or campaign that you feel very strongly about, get in touch with the local campaign office to see how you can help out by making calls, going door to door, distributing signs, and posting on social media
3) Provide transportation & safety in order to shuttle people to and from the polls and ballot drop off bins
- One reason some people don’t vote is a lack of reliable transportation to get to a polling location, also some are fearful or intimidated by going to a polling place alone for the 1st time.
4) Volunteer to be a poll worker on election day
- Be an active part of the election process on election day, ensuring a safe environment for all who want to vote and are able to
it’s that day again, celebrate while practicing that social distancing 😉
It’s that time of year again when cannabis aficionados of all sorts gather at a waterfront park in Seattle for a weekend of pot related festivities, both for fun and for education/activism….I have been a part of hempfest both as an attendee and as a volunteer for years and will say you make of it what you chose. With that said, have an enjoyable #Hempfest Seattle!😎
Below isa link to a well done guide ( in my opinion) about the basics in and outs of navigating hempfest, including basiq FAQ and schedules of all 3 days. https://www.leafly.com/news/lifestyle/seattle-hempfest-2019-guide-schedule-information?fbclid=IwAR0rWphBfnVQ0lVWAE6HDl3k6mljd81x9Hi2maLVLJ6d4xDW3HTkss3mnMk
Hemp Farming Legalized Across the United States by the 2018 Farm Bill
As an advocate of industrial hemp and re-legalizing hemp I am thrilled by this progress! Now it’s time to Rediscover Hemp!